RubyFrost® apples are sweet but also carry a pronounced “zing” in every bite with moderate acidity. They are versatile, to be eaten out of hand or cooked in a variety of recipes. The apple is a cross between Braeburn and Autumn Crisp, and they are shown to be a good source of vitamin C.
- Not prone to pre-harvest drop.
- Should not be pushed for vigorous growth.
- Excellent storage and shelf life under regular air storage.
- Ripens later in the season, in mid to late October.
RubyFrost® is another product of the Cornell University breeding program which focuses on increasing quality, shelf life, and natural disease resistance.
Flavor with Zing
People who enjoy Granny Smith or Empire will love RubyFrost® Naturally high in Vitamin C, it features a wonderful balance of sweet and tart. RubyFrost® reaches its peak flavor in the winter months.
Growing and Marketing
In the United States, RubyFrost® is grown exclusively in the state of New York. International growing regions are managed by PVM where testing and propagation is currently taking place.
Outside of North America (with the exception of China), PVM manages the commercialization of New York 2 sold under the trademark RubyFrost®. PVM is actively seeking Master Commercial Licensees to work with the growing, packing and selling of this new, fantastic apple brand known as RubyFrost®.
PVM has placed Master Propagation Licensees in many production areas of the world. Present Licensees are listed here:
- Australia – The Australian Nurserymen’s Fruit Improvement Company (ANFIC) c/o Gavin Porter Suite 4, 1440 Anzac Avenue, Kallangur, QLD 5403 Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Argentina – Los Alamos de Rosauer c/o Juan Martin Rosauer, AVDA ALEM 50, Cipoletti 8324, Argentina, email@example.com
- Chile – Viveros Requinoa c/o Juanhttps://provarmanagement.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=2685&action=edit# Enrique Concha, Victoria SuberCaseaux #323, Santiago, Chile, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Europe – Rene Nicolai Nursery c/o Florent Geerdens, Lindestraat, 22, Alken, 3570, Belgium, Florent.Geerdens@renenicolai.be
- New Zealand – New Zealand Fruit Tree Company c/o John Morton P.O. Box 446 Hastings, New Zealand, email@example.com
- Republic of South Africa – TopFuit (Pty) Limited c/o Rob Meihuzen, P.O. Box 73, Simondium, Western Cape, 7630, The Republic of South Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Republic of Korea – S.T. Asia, c/o Kim Hee Jeung, 06163, 201ho, 9-3 Bongeunsa-ro, 82 gil Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea, email@example.com